Mr. Show Coming to Netflix (Sort Of)

mrshow2

I had to check the date of the story to make sure it wasn’t from April 1st and I was just reading it after the fact.  That’s how excited I was to read that the team that did Mr Show w/ Bob and David was coming to Netflix to do a similar mini-series of sketch comedy specials!

Nope!  IndieWire’s story is dated April 2nd, so I can let myself believe that David Cross (noted Analrapist Tobias Funke on Arrested Development) and Bob Odenkirk (Saul on Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad) are putting the band back together.

Instead of bringing back HBO’s axed “Mr. Show With Bob and David,” the ever-expanding originals department has signed Bob Odenkirk and David Cross for… “With Bob and David.”

Odenkirk and Cross will play dishonorably discharged Navy SEALs who return to the U.S. to start doing comedy again. No premiere date has been set.

The new sketch-comedy series will be made up of four half-hour episodes and an hour-long making-of special.

Netflix keeps finding new and interesting way to excite!  So, while technically NOT a return of “Mr Show”, as long as you have Bob and David, you are 99% of the way there.  The other 1% is Brian Posehn.

"No, I am NOT Randy Quaid!  Stop asking!!!"
“No, I am NOT Randy Quaid! Stop asking!!!”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s