Inside Out just might be the best Pixar movie of all time. This is a brilliant FILM that punches you right in the feels. My spoiler free review after the jump.
Inside Out is a complex examination of the human condition disguised as a colorful children’s cartoon. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen such an amazing examination of sadness and how we deal with the hardships of life than was on display in Inside Out. I need to process my feelings (see what I did there?) but I think this one could sneak past Toy Story 3 and Ratatouille as the all time Pixar feature film EVAH! Even if the Academy only nominates five films for Best Picture, this MUST be one of them!
What I liked:
Mainly Everything. More specific? Ok…
- The animation was incredible. Both the characters inside the head and in the real world sparkled in a way I’ve never seen.
- The voice acting was stellar. Standouts in the cast were Amy Poehler, Richard Kind, and (especially) Phyllis Smith of The Office Fame as Sadness.
- There were genuine moments of every emotion on display. This was sophisticated film making; not the Disney equivalent.
- The humor. Though it was not always funny, when it was, it operated on adult and kid levels.
- Everything else in the movie I didn’t list here.
What I didn’t like: Nothing. This movie was utterly perfect. After a string of decent but not great Pixar movies (the last great one being TS3), Inside Out reclaims the championship belt from their sister studio, Disney Animation.
Overall: After seeing Mad Max, I wrote an article listing a few movies that could surpass it…other than Episode 7. Inside Out not only surpassed Mad Max by a great deal, Episode 7 better be darn good to top my chart this year.
4 thoughts on “Is Inside Out the Best Pixar Movie Ever? (A Spoiler Free Review)”
Oh come on. Elsa had a sister. Her name was Irma or something.
It was Anna.
I’m really excited to watch this movie! I want to see it in theatre. Thanks for the review! I know it will be worth it.
Reblogged this on My Crazy Path and commented:
I am excited to see this movie!
LikeLiked by 1 person